Hi, welcome to ‘engineeringmathgeek.com‘. I am Aspriha Peters, the sole owner and the only author (at least so far!!) of this blog.
Well, as far as I am concerned, there is nothing much to say. I always find it quite difficult to talk about myself. But now I will try my best!!
As you already know from the introduction, my name is Aspriha. I was born as Aspriha, but not as Peters. I am an Indian, and was born as Chakraborty. Born and raised in India, I finished my schooling from India. Then I completed my undergraduate degree from India as well. I had a Bachelor of science degree with mathematics major. Later I went to Australia for further studies in 2003.
There I landed at Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne. First I completed masters by research in mathematics in 2006. Then I finished my PhD (that was also in mathematics) in 2009. My masters thesis was published in a book form. Both my masters and doctoral research produced a few articles in scientific journals. If you are interested, have a look at my short cv. In 2009, I came to Germany. I was offered a 2+1 year post-doctoral research award at Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Germany. I spent almost two years working there.
Later in 2011, I got married and also became a mother. My husband is German and that’s how the name change came. Now as my son is big and independent, I want to do a few things of my own choice. Writing a blog on engineering mathematics is one of these few things.
About the blog
This blog is all about engineering mathematics, more specifically undergraduate engineering mathematics. Here I choose a topic and discuss that in a blog form. I do not deal with the theory or prove any theorem. Rather I try to explain the topic by solving some problems.
It may happen that sometimes I make some mistakes in calculations or in typing. For example, I mix up coefficients like instead of A, I write B. So please be aware of these things. In case if you see any such mistake, please let me know. I will really be very grateful!!
Anyway, now I go back to the discussion about this blog. Here you will also see a collection of formulas that may be handy sometimes. Mostly I need these to use as reference, for example, when I try to solve any problem.
Now I come to ‘problems’ or the examples, whatever you would like to say. Sometimes I choose these problems from a book. In that case I always mention the name of that book. In some cases, you will see problems where I don’t mention any book’s name. There I made up those problems by myself.
About the technology used in this blog
For writing this blog, I use wordpress with thesis theme. I write equations with latex. You will also see some photos with hand-written equations on it. They are taken with an ipad. (Don’t laugh, ok!! I can’t find out the data transfer cable for the camera. Somehow it is lost during moving houses. So ipad is the saviour.) Sometimes I also use Abode photoshop express to edit effects of the images. So far I have not used any program like mathematica or matlab or anything else.
Reasons for writing this blog
My students are the one and only reason for me to write this blog. During my nearly 6 year stay in Melbourne, I worked both as a tutor and lecturer. Once I had gone to Germany, I realised how much I was missing my interactions with students!! At the end of the day, I only want to say ‘thank you’ to all of my students who always brought freshness to my life. Even after so many years, it always brings smile to my face.
Anyway, here are also a few things about this blog that you should also know.
Few things to know about this blog / about me
- I do not solve assignment problems. Please don’t request for that.
- In case if you have any request for me to solve any particular problem, please also give me the book’s details like author’s name, ISBN no, page no of the problem etc. I will only write the solution in this blog after I verify everything. This is absolutely free. You don’t have to pay anything for that.
- This blog is not a substitute for lectures. Please don’t expect anything like that from here.
- I do not offer any online tutoring service.
- Nowadays I am a full-time blogger, mother and a wife. Apart from that I don’t have much time for anything else.
- I do not sell any product here.
- Everything in this blog is copyright protected unless otherwise specified. Please do not reproduce or reprint anything without my written consent. Please do not hotlink of images or content,
- You can always reach me at engineeringmathgeek at gmaildotcom.