This is an overview of the posts/articles published so far in “Engineering mathematics blog”, ‘engineeringmathgeek.com‘.
I have also provided here the names of these posts together with the topics. If you click on any of these links, it will open a new window together with that topic.
Collection of formulas
List of formulas uploaded so far:
- Formulas in integration
- Formulas in differentiation
- Formulas in trigonometry
- Formulas in series
- Formulas for logarithmic & hyperbolic functions
- Formulas in Laplace transform
Basic engineering mathematics
Topics in basic engineering mathematics covered so far are partial fractions and vectors.
- Partial fractions of lower degree numerators
- Partial fractions of higher degree numerators
- Partial fractions of repeated roots
- Partial fractions of irreducible quadratic factors
- Partial fractions of equal degree expressions
- Direction cosines of vectors
- Angle between two vectors
- Scalar and vector products
- Few basic facts about vectors
- Differentiation of functions using product rule
- Differentiation of parametric functions
- Logarithmic differentiation of functions
- Differentiation of implicit functions
Advanced engineering mathematics
Topics in advanced engineering mathematics covered so far are first order ordinary differential equations, determinants and vector analysis.
First-order Ordinary differential equations (ODE)
- First order linear ODE
- Separation of variables in ODE
- First order homogeneous ODE
- Solve first order ODE using ‘transformations of variables’
- Solve Bernoulli’s equations
- What is a singular matrix?
- Determine the eigenvalues of a given matrix
- Determine the corresponding eigenvectors
- Faddeev’s method to determine the characteristic polynomial of a matrix
- Eigenvectors of repeated eigenvalues
- Gaussian elimination method in 3 × 3 matrices
- Gaussian elimination method in 4 × 4 matrices